Yukon pioneers, Isaac Taylor and William Drury, founded the Taylor and Drury Department Store in Whitehorse during the Klondike Gold Rush. In 1927 the obtained a General Motors dealership for Whitehorse and Mayo and their first shipment of cars arrived in 1928.
These two early Yukon businessmen had a talent for predicting the course of events. While there are now thousands of kilometers of main and secondary roads in the Yukon there were less than fifty kilometers of rough roads in the Yukon when their dealership first opened its doors.
The creation of an automobile outlet on the last frontier is evidence of the confidence and vision displayed in 1927 by two Yukon pioneers who founded a car dealership when Yukon roads were only a dream.